Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) is a system that allows an operator at a master facility to monitor and control processes that are distributed among various remote sites.
A properly designed SCADA system saves time and money by eliminating the need for service personnel to visit each site for inspection, data collection/logging or make adjustments. Real-time monitoring, system modifications, troubleshooting, increased equipment life, automatic report generating . . . these are just a few of the benefits that come with today’s SCADA system.
Other benefits SCADA systems provide:
- Reduces operational costs
- Provides immediate knowledge of system performance
- Improves system efficiency and performance
- Increases equipment life
- Reduces costly repairs
- Reduces number of man-hours (labor costs) required for troubleshooting or service
- Frees up personnel for other important tasks
- Facilitates compliance with regulatory agencies through automated report generating
- And more…